Congratulations from Victor Dyomin, IEM Director on the New Year 2019
Dear colleagues, teachers, and employees of the Institute of Economics and Management! Dear IEM students and graduate students!
The past 2018 was a jubilee year: we celebrated the 140th anniversary of Tomsk State University and the 120th anniversary of economic education beyond the Urals. Many employees and students of the Institute are deservedly awarded regional, departmental, and university awards.
As a part of the celebration of the 120th anniversary of economic education, we held
- the All-Russian Seminar Modern Technologies and Practices of Teaching Economic Disciplines;
- the scientific and methodological seminar Actual Issues of Economic Science and Education: Past, Present, and Future;
- the round table Command Point: Management Competencies and Educational Technologies of their Formation (under the III International Conference HR TREND – 2018);
- an extended meeting of the IEM Scientific Council.
One of the landmark events of the year was the IEM admit to full membership in the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), which means a high assessment of the potential of IEM at the international level and opens up the possibility of using EFMD information resources, and also allows us to conduct international accreditation of our educational programs increase their competitiveness in the international educational space.
The 2017-18 academic year was the second academic year of IEM in its current composition and can be briefly described as the year of achieving sustainable development. We graduated our first Master's students who entered to study at the newly created IEM in 2016. Among them are a large number of graduates with honors, which indicates the high quality of both students and teachers.
Currently, IEM has 102 teachers, including 21 professors and 57 candidates of science, 758 students, including 365 bachelors, 41 specialists, 328 undergraduates, and 24 graduate students. In the next academic year (2019-2020), the Institute will reach the designed capacity in terms of the number of students.
Also, this year:
- we have created educational program councils, with the help of which we clarified the content of the main educational programs.
- we have expanded the list of additional vocational education programs and the number of our partners for whom we conduct these programs.
- we have updated Master's program International Management, in which our international partners are participating;
- we have opened a joint educational Master’s program Management in Health Care with the Siberian State Medical University;
- we have opened the Center for Entrepreneurship (director I.D. Kamaev, a graduate student of the TSU Faculty of Economics), whose main tasks are educational and research events and organization of a student entrepreneurs club.
Dear colleagues, students, and graduate students! You can continue to list the good results achieved in 2018. And a lot is planned to be done next year. Therefore, congratulating on the New Year, I want to say a huge thank you to those with whose hands these results were achieved - to you, dear friends!
I wish to continue setting, at first glance, unrealistic goals and unsolvable tasks, and then successfully solving them, and so that there is enough health, resources, and time!
I wish you all good health, a good holiday on New Year's holidays, well-being to your families, and all the best to you and your loved ones!
Happy New Year!
Director of IEM, Vice-Rector of TSU,