IEM Master’s students received their diplomas
The Institute of Economics and Management held a solemn event, dedicated to the graduation of Master’s students. Director of the IEM Victor Dyomin handed diplomas to 32 graduates in Economics, Management, International Management, State and Municipal Management, Strategic Human Resource Management, Finance, and Finance and Accounting in Organizations.
- I want to say a big thank you to the Institute of Economics and Management, with whose help we were able to rise to a new level,- said Irina Kharlashkina, a graduate of the Management program. - I hope that this will help us achieve our goals. I also want to thank all the teachers who shared their knowledge and experience with us. I would love to recommend students to choose a Master's degree after graduating fr om undergraduate programs. And it is not obligatory to be in the same faculty that you graduated from. Quite the contrary - for example, I was curious to get new knowledge in another area.
- The new knowledge and experience gained during the years of study in the master’s program open up additional opportunities to expand the vector that you now have, - said Ilya Dmitriev, a graduate student. - I wish you to expand it not only for the next 5-10 years, as we were taught about medium-term and long-term planning, but also for the rest of our life. As soon as a new stage in life comes, a new opportunity will open. Look for a new door and keep moving forward!
The students were also congratulated by Maria Herman, the head of the Graduate Programs Office:
- Thank very much to all colleagues, parents who were with us and supported our graduates during their studies. Congratulations to our guys! Successes to you, the university is always open for you, we wait at any time! Remember how hard it was for you in the fall, especially for the evening students. But, you see, now for you there are no unsolvable problems. Just go further with this motto!
At present, there are 7 Master’s programs at the Institute of Economics and Management; within some of them, you can also choose profiles:
- Economics of Innovation and Development
- Business Analytics
- Business Administration
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Healthcare Management (jointly with Siberian State Medical University)
- Global Trade
- International Management
One of the main educational trends in the IEM is the practical orientation of the programs. The Institute's partners are more than 20 global Russian and international companies, including Sberbank, Gazprombank, PwC, KPMG, IBM, EY, ACCA, Unilever, Mars, Micran, Sibur, and the Siberian Agrarian Group.
Representatives of companies and authorities of the region are members of the Councils of Educational Programs, update curricula, supervise students' implementation of consulting and business projects, and provide places for internships and internships.
The new IEM building on the Ushaika River Embankment, 12, wh ere Master’s students study is the most important part of the innovation ecosystem of the University. Thanks to the world-class infrastructure, an accessible, open, comfortable environment for research and training, professional and personal development of leaders, and project and corporate interaction exists. Most of the region’s landmark events take place here, including the Business Forum, Unovus, HR-trend, and open lectures by world experts. IEM students will find out first about them!